Roy Leonard Dies at age 83

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 01:42:25 EDT 2014

This one hurts.

Roy and I became friends and he was always liking and commenting about
things I posted on Facebook.

He never wanted to leave Boston but in 1967 RKO General killed WNAC in
favor of WRKO and Roy was out. He took a summer replacement job at WGN-AM
in Chicago and of course never left.

Back in February I put him in touch with a woman in Chicago who does
podcasts on radio people and here is the podcast.

http://podcast.radiogirl.us/2014/01/roy-leonard-fun-success.html