Dale Dorman, R.I.P.

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Mon Oct 27 16:33:45 EDT 2014

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, A Joseph Ross wrote:

> I've been wondering, was that his real name?  It sounds like the kind of
> name that might have been made up, but it could also be a real name.

Wikipedia seems to think Dale Dorman was his real name.

I worked with a fellow named Mark Bashore ("Bay-shore") at WBOS some
decades ago; since so many other jocks used pseudonyms I assumed he did,
too; but no, that was his real name.

Larry King of WCRB (and World Classical Network) also uses his real name,
and Sunday evenings he competes with himself in southern Rhode Island,
where WCRB is repeated on Bryant University's WJMF while WCN is carried on
WCRI. Never before in my career have I heard a jock on two competing
stations in the same market, in the same time slot, using the same name,
and playing the same format.

Rob