Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 08:43:27 EST 2014

Yes, sorry, I meant the final hour of the show, 6-7 pm would be a repeat of
the first hour.

Someone who runs a howiecarrshowfans messageboard said maybe they are
trying to sell the show as really three hours, to stations who can place it
"between Rush and Levin", 3-6 pm.When Howie was on WRKO, and even now, they
ran Levin 7 to 10 pm. Sometimes Howie filled in for Levin
and he'd get Sandy to do the final hour of his show, then went into another
room to do Levin which really runs from 6 to 9 pm. Might stations opt now
to delete the final hour and run something else at 6 pm? If Money Matters
has another studio to spare, Howie could potentially still fill in for
Levin.

Indeed, a bad move. While it could be good for those who missed the first
hour due to work, there's no potential "Massachusetts only hour" as he'd
done in the past (even though stations outside the state also carried it).
What's interesting is it was said Tony Garcia's Global Media was said to be
syndicating Howie but suddenly last week it was said Kurt (Ken?) Carberry
of WCRN was handling syndication. Did he drop Global? The show for now is
confined to New England except for a small AM in Shell Lake, Wisconsin. So
far no word of it being a "national" show.