Fwd: Re: top-40 in 1957

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sat May 31 14:37:37 EDT 2014

Brian Vita wrote:

>Let's not forget WBZ-FM with Paul Simon's "Kodachrome".  The line was "when I think back of all the crap I learned in high school".  It was >abridged to "when I think back of all...I learned in high school

WBZ-AM went one step further with Kodachrome. They edited the song to start with the verse "If you took all the girls I knew when I was single". That cut it down to about a 2 minute song.

I also recall hearing once on WHDH a butchered edit of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" when it was a current in 1976.

Mark Watson