top-40 in 1957

Bob DeMattia bob.bosra@demattia.net
Sat May 31 11:39:54 EDT 2014

And much more recently (2009), the Zac Brown Band's country hit, where theoriginal lyrics are "Toes in the water, ass in the sand".  Atlantic recordmade a radio edit version of the song where the lyrics become "Toes in the water, toes in the sand".
Also in the radio edit, later in the song ,the phrase  "roll a big fat one"is blurred out.

http://blogs.ajc.com/radio-tv-talk/2009/09/02/zac-brown-bands-toes-challenges-radio-programmers-with-lyrics/

-Bob