Fwd: Re: top-40 in 1957

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat May 31 01:23:04 EDT 2014

Joe wrote--

> I listened mostly to WCOP at that time, and I heard it quite often. I
> have three WCOP survey sheets, but they aren't from that time frame, but
> I've never heard of any such ban in Boston, and I don't know who would
> have banned it.

That is also my point:  I don't think WBZ played it, but other stations
did, and WCOP was absolutely one of them.  I too have a couple of WCOP
surveys which show "Wake Up Little Susie" as being played, but I wish
anyone with a Boston radio survey from September or October 1957 would
let me know if they see the song listed.