Fwd: Re: WWBZ

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat May 31 01:05:18 EDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: WWBZ
Date: 	Sat, 31 May 2014 00:58:18 -0400
From: 	A Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com>
To: 	Rob Landry <011010001@interpring.com>

On 5/30/2014 3:44 PM, Rob Landry wrote:

> The problem was Arbitron disry keepers hearing "WCLB" and writing down
> "WCRB". The problem became immediately evident to WCLB's management
> (still Fairbanks Broadcasting, I think), and they applied to change to
> "WKLB" without any encoouragement from WCRB.

As I recall, one ratings book had WCRB show a surprising bump in ratings
just after WCLB came on, and WCLB didn't get the ratings it expected.
It didn't take long to figure out that people were crediting WCLB
listeners to WCRB.  So WCRB didn't mind, but WCLB did.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700 | Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com