top-40 in 1957

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Fri May 30 02:55:35 EDT 2014

I remember the Nuns at St Paul's in Cambridge were cool with any comic book
approved by this body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comics_Code_Authority

Clayton and WHDH would never touch an Everly Brothers song as they were MOR
- they were the WNEW of Boston.

The Catholic newspaper the Pilot would list the 'banned' movies and music
every week from the Legion of Decency - lets just say my parents went to
confession a lot :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_condemned_by_the_Legion_of_Decency