WBUH H-only polarization

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Thu May 29 16:33:17 EDT 2014

As I understand it, the station had to be built in a hurry, with whatever
equipment could be mustered. I'll bet that has a lot to do with it.

Two of WUMB's stations were built in trees for the same reason; the clock
was ticking on the CP's and there wasn't time to get local approval for a
tower.

In my experience, horizontal-only polarization correlates with a lot of
multipath, but the problem isn't so bad in mono, which WBUR's programming
mostly is.

Rob