New WXRV translator on the air in Needham

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri May 23 21:28:09 EDT 2014

Steve Silberberg's new WXRV translator on 96.5 in Needham appears to
be on the air, finally.  A license to cover was filed for it this
week, and I just checked out my bedroom window in Framingham and was
able to get a weak signal parallel 92.5.  How are other folks hearing
it?  I believe it's on the FM-128 (ex-Sconnix, ex-WHDH-TV 5) tower,
although I should probably check the coords to make sure.  It should
help listeners in the Newton/Needham area who suffer from front-end
overload, although not nearly as much as before WBOS moved to the Pru.

-GAWollman