'WMVY' Edgartown, Cape Cod, returns to the air, as WMEX

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Fri May 23 01:04:26 EDT 2014

OK, what's the unique format that all these machinations are for?

On 5/22/2014 9:47 AM, Scott Fybush wrote:
> It was. But in order to keep its unique format alive,  the owner of the
> 92.7 license essentially split in in two: the license was sold to BU, which
> now operates it noncommercially. The intellectual property and studio was
> sold to a new nonprofit,  Friends of MVY Radio, which raised a lot of money
> to buy the intellectual property and run the webstream, and then raised
> more money to buy the 88.7 license from Dennis.
>
> I think,  but do not recall for certain,  that the nonprofit Friends group
> may have been operating 92.7 under an LMA from the licensee in its last
> months.
> On May 22, 2014 9:07 AM, "Rob Landry" <011010001@interpring.com> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, 22 May 2014, Garrett Wollman wrote:
>>
>>   The nonprofit that was programming WMVY (92.7) before it was sold, and
>>> are running mvyradio.com now, is buying WMEX (88.7) so that they'll have
>>> an actual on-air voice again,
>>>
>> Wasn't WMVY 92.7 a commercial, for-profit station?
>>

>> Rob
>>

> -----
> No virus found in this message.

A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700 | Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com