Strange Doings At WNTN-AM 1550 Newton, MA

Dale H. Cook radiotest@plymouthcolony.net
Fri Mar 28 14:50:11 EDT 2014

At 01:40 PM 3/28/2014, Rob Landry wrote:

>Most of the stations I deal with have something like a Sine Systems RFC-1B remote control system, which can be programmed with sign on/sign off times for every month of the year. As long as the power doesn't fail -- in which case the unit forgets what day and time it is -- it will switch automatically at the correct times.

A Sine should always be run on a UPS, and the power-up action sequence needs to be enabled and programmed to call someone who knows how to reset the clock and calendar if an extended power outage runs down the UPS.

Dale H. Cook, Contract Engineer, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html