Stronger HD Signals

Don Donald_Astelle@Yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 01:13:32 EDT 2014

>From what I understand....WKLB 102.5 is the only one that took advantage of
the ability to up their HD power.

WKLB-HD should come in quite nice almost everywhere.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nickolas Noseworthy" <ncn86@hotmail.com>
<boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2014 5:17 PM
Subject: Stronger HD Signals

I am an avid listener to HD radio, at home with my roof antenna, as well as
in my car. But I do get annoyed from time to time at the lack of power that
seems to be pushing these signals out. Driving around town in Merrimack, all
the Boston (including stations not transmitting directly from the Pru) HD
signals will fade in and out. It takes a ride down Route 3, almost to the
Lowell Connector, before the HD signals become reliable. Do stations have
the ability to raise the power on their digital transmitters?

On another note, some stations seem to have a better digital signal then
analog signal. From my home in Merrimack NH, my roof antenna picks up a
barely listenable analog signal of WSNE near Providence. But it always
catches a full signal of WSNE HD-1, HD-2, and now HD-3. WBLM out of Portland
is masked by WLLO-LP in Londonderry, but the HD signal always kicks in with
no interruptions. What makes an HD signal travel farther then the analog
wave?

       =