WRKO now simulcast on 93.7 HD2

D. A. donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 16:00:39 EST 2014

Wasn't 93.7 HD-2 programming "Funkytown"?  The old Star 93.7 format?

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:13 PM, Garrett Wollman <wollman@bimajority.org> wrote:

<<On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:29:04 -0500, Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@gmail.com> said:

> (Testing...is there something wrong with dissemination of the list? haven't
> seen anything for awhile)

There was, yes.  Thankfully I was able to rescue your message once I
figured out my configuration error.

> WRKO 680 is now simulcasting on the HD2 of WEEI-FM 93.7 (stick in Peabody).
> HD radio not exactly selling like hotcakes but who knows, maybe they'll get
> some people to try it especially what with machinery and signal
> pattern-change issues.

HD radio may not be selling well, but more and more cars are starting
to come with it, and since radio these days is primarily an
out-of-home medium, such simulcasts may well be worth it.  Does
Neilsen Audio make a breakdown available?  (Normally in a 100%
simulcast situation, they combine reported listening for all signals
into a single rating, but I could imagine it might be worth iBiquity's
while to pay them for a breakdown.)

-GAWollman