WGGB Sale

Cdsull502@aol.com Cdsull502@aol.com
Wed Jun 18 17:30:54 EDT 2014

The ownership of WGGB, channel 40 in Springfield announced to today  that
they plan to sell the station to Meredith Corp., owners of WFSB-TV in
Hartford. I realize that technically,  Hartford is a separate market from
Springfield, but in a practical sense, channel 3 has been the default CBS
affiliate for the Springfield market for the last 55 or so  years.

I know that the rules have been significantly relaxed over the  years, but,
will the FCC allow one owner for the ABC, Fox (WGGB runs Fox  on LP channel
6 in Springfield) and CBS stations in the market?   (not to mention that
Meredith also owns LP channel 69 in Springfield.)  If this allowed, the only
commercial competitor Meredith will have in the  market is WWLP.   Comments?

Chris  Sullivan
CdSull502@aol.com