WKLB Axes "Sunday Morning Country Oldies"

Bob DeMattia bob.bosra@demattia.net
Tue Jun 17 18:35:42 EDT 2014

WVBF was certainly transmitting from Framingham in 1985 when hurricaneGloria took out one of their newly constructed towers.
Fairbanks flipped it to country in 1993 as WCLB.   They had a great opening event at the General Cinemas in Braintree where they showed the George Straitmovie "Pure Country".  I got to talk to Loren and Wally, who were dressed in cowboy garb.  But I digress.
Anyways, I believe it was GM that moved it to Boston. I don't recall an intermediatemove to FM128, so I believe there was country music emanating from the Framinghamtowers when it all began.

-Bob