WKLB Axes "Sunday Morning Country Oldies"

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Jun 17 18:37:00 EDT 2014

On 6/17/2014 4:49 PM, Bob DeMattia wrote:

>> Country stations such as WCTK and WWYZ do quite well in the
>> "inside-128" equivalent zip codes of the Providence and Hartford
>> markets.
>
> The only thing I'd say about comparing 101.7 to WWYZ or WCTK is that
> the lattertwo are class B stations.

You're taking my response out of context. I was responding to Rob's
larger question about whether the country format can find an audience
inside 128. My point was regarding the appeal of the format itself, not
the very real and very significant signal limitations of 101.7.

> 101.7 might make some headway while they are running
> commercial free, but Idon't seem them ever getting half of KLB's
> audience.

Please reread my original post. The point of 101.7 isn't to get anything
even close to half of WKLB's audience. The point of 101.7 is to take
away just enough of WKLB's audience to keep it from threatening Kiss
108's position at the top of the ratings. Even with its limited signal,
the math probably still works.