Is WSRO-AM 650 Testing Its Modest Power Increase?

Don Donald_Astelle@Yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 18:12:51 EDT 2014

> On Sat, 14 Jun 2014, Don wrote:
>
>> When a station gets down to less than 100watts.....doesn't that become a
>> Part 15 issue?
>
> No. There are licensed Class D stations (former daytimers) with nighttime
> power allocations below 10 watts; WJIB 740 AM is one such.

What is the power level that you CAN use unlicensed?

Remember when RadioFree Allston was broadcasting on AM from Kenmore Square?

When they finally got their wattage under a legal limit, I seem to recall as
long as RFA was under 100 watts they were considered legal.

In Haverhill, web/streaming station WHAV.net is broadcasting on 1640AM (from
what I understan unlicensed and legal).
> AM Radio 1,640 kHz in selected areas

How many watts is that that they can stay on the legal side of the line?