WPNI, 1430, Amherst, MA

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Jun 13 21:38:17 EDT 2014

<<On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 07:22:07 -0400 (EDT), Rob Landry <011010001@interpring.com> said:

> If I were Pamal, and my pending sale were treated that way, I'd consider
> legal action. This is after all supposed to be a government of laws, and
> if the FCC has a problem with Brian Dodge's fitness to be a licensee they
> should make a formal ruling to that effect. I should, after all, be
> allowed the opportunity to seek another buyer; as things stand, the clock
> will run out in December and the license will evaporate.

The license will only evaporate if they keep the station silent.  If
they want to hang onto the license until the FCC approves the sale,
they are free to broadcast something, even if it's just a loop of
"Programming on WPNI Amherst is suspended pending sale of the station"
over and over again.  If the license isn't even worth that much, I
hope they got enough of a deposit from Dodge to cover their legal
costs.

It does appear that everything involving Dodge gets into tossed into
the FCC's deep freeze.  Even his long-silent WWNH (1340 Madbury) is
still technically on program test authority -- the Commission has
never acted on the 302 he filed twenty-five years ago!

It would have been a fool's errand, but I would have loved to see
someone apply for 1340 in Durham or Dover during the last AM window
just to get that thing cleared off the books.

-GAWollman