Is WSRO-AM 650 Testing Its Modest Power Increase?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Thu Jun 12 17:34:36 EDT 2014

I was doing a little late-night AM dial twisting yesterday (Wednesday, 06/11) and noticed that I could
hear WSRO-AM 650 transmitting from Framingham.  They've been running 100 watts nights with a directional
pattern favoring the 45-degree radial where I reside 40 or so miles away.   They received a CP to boost that to 187 watts; no big
deal, but if they're running that now, at least on the cusp of the solstice so there are fewer hours
between sunset and midnight, it's doing a fine job of covering WSM-AM in Nashville,.