WPNI, 1430, Amherst, MA

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu Jun 12 16:13:51 EDT 2014

On 6/12/2014 1:14 AM, A Joseph Ross wrote:
> Last I heard, WPNI was relaying WUMB, which was noncommercial.  So I
> would think they'd be paid by WUMB to do so, or perhaps the station was
> rented to WUMB. This didn't make enough money to support the station?

It was my understanding that the WUMB rebroadcast was being done without
any money changing hands. The WUMB audio kept the needles moving, as it
were, while Pamal sought a buyer for WPNI.

WUMB never promoted the simulcast in any way, and my recollection is
that they didn't even include WPNI in their own lengthy legal ID;
instead, an automated system at WPNI dropped the ID in over the WUMB audio.