WPNI, 1430, Amherst, MA

M.Casey map@mapinternet.com
Wed Jun 11 17:16:41 EDT 2014

In the correspondence file, a letter from the FCC to the WPNI owners states
that the license will expire Dec. 1, 2014. Looks like a typo, but the FCC
letter references WPNI (FM).
Mark Casey

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Fybush
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2014 10:39 AM
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: WPNI?

On 6/8/2014 4:19 AM, Kevin Vahey wrote:
> It appears that WPNI just pulled the plug, Their license expired on April
> 1
> and I can't find anything that indicates they renewed it.

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_list.pl?Facility_id=25907

shows that renewal application BR-20131126BPD was accepted for filing
11/27/2013. I think it remains in "accepted for filing" status because
there's also a pending unconsummated application for assignment of
license from Pamal to one of Brian Dodge's front groups,
BAL-20130207ABI, but as long as the renewal app is "accepted for
filing," the station can continue to operate under the terms of its
expired license.

There's also a silent STA that was filed in January 2014, indicating
that "THIS AM STATION DOES NOT GENERATE REVENUES CLOSE TO WHAT IS
REQUIRED TO COVER THE COST OF OPERATIONS. THE LICENSEE HAS SUSPENDED
BROADCASTING IN ORDER TO REEVALUATE THE STATION BUSINESS PLAN." But that
silent date, 11/30/2013, was more than six months ago, so WPNI should
have resumed operations or filed for an extension no later than 5/30/2014.

If it's not dead, it's at least hovering on the edge.

-----
No virus found in this message.