WPNI?

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Jun 8 22:51:31 EDT 2014

That's too bad, though not really surprising.  When I arrived at UMass
in 1963, the station was WTTT and was a community station playing MOR
music.  It was my understanding that it was fairly new. The station
lasted for quite some time with that format and call, but changing
conditions made that no longer viable.  They added an FM station, WRNX,
but I think that station may no longer be under the same ownership.

On 6/8/2014 10:39 AM, Scott Fybush wrote:
> On 6/8/2014 4:19 AM, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>> It appears that WPNI just pulled the plug, Their license expired on
>> April 1
>> and I can't find anything that indicates they renewed it.
>>

> http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_list.pl?Facility_id=25907
>

> shows that renewal application BR-20131126BPD was accepted for filing
> 11/27/2013. I think it remains in "accepted for filing" status because
> there's also a pending unconsummated application for assignment of
> license from Pamal to one of Brian Dodge's front groups,
> BAL-20130207ABI, but as long as the renewal app is "accepted for
> filing," the station can continue to operate under the terms of its
> expired license.
>
> There's also a silent STA that was filed in January 2014, indicating
> that "THIS AM STATION DOES NOT GENERATE REVENUES CLOSE TO WHAT IS
> REQUIRED TO COVER THE COST OF OPERATIONS. THE LICENSEE HAS SUSPENDED
> BROADCASTING IN ORDER TO REEVALUATE THE STATION BUSINESS PLAN." But
> that silent date, 11/30/2013, was more than six months ago, so WPNI
> should have resumed operations or filed for an extension no later than
> 5/30/2014.
>
> If it's not dead, it's at least hovering on the edge.
>

> -----
> No virus found in this message.

A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700 | Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com