Legendary General Managers

Tim Coco tcoco@whav.net
Sun Jun 1 12:23:46 EDT 2014

I worked for Ed Cetlin from 1978-1980 and he was, um, eccentric shall we
say. Many years after‹and, perhaps, because time does heal all wounds‹I
came to better respect and understand him. He managed to make what was
then a 1,000-watt day/250-watt night MOR station profitable. It was a feat
the original owner, the Haverhill Gazette could not accomplish. To this
day, Tom Bergeron, who received his start at WHAV, almost perfectly
impersonates Cetlin¹s voice and mannerisms. Bergeron tells the story of
how Cetlin chewed on the end of his glasses and then said, ³Tommy, that
was the worst thing I have ever heard in all my years in radio.²