OTA re-transmission

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 03:00:42 EDT 2014

Over the past 10-15 years distribution has changed.

Cable companies no longer need a 'head end' as they get their primary
signals via fiber ( not OTA ) - this is also true for satellite feeds as
for example NBCSN sends a fiber commercial roll to Boston during hockey
playoffs.

​Who in the end was Aereo hurting? ​They were enhancing the viewership of
the transmitters .

The harsh reality is - 2-4-5-7-25-38-44-46-50-56-66-68 and others I have
missed could turn off their transmitters tomorrow and maybe 20% of viewers
would notice.