WCAP To Replace Glenn Ordway With Howie Carr (Mark Watson)

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Sat Dec 13 21:10:39 EST 2014

>Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 16:59:01 -0500
>From: "Mark Watson" <markwats@comcast.net>
>To: "'Boston Radio Group'"
>	<boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
>Subject: WCAP To Replace Glenn Ordway With Howie Carr
>
>... However, WCAP has been operating on the old Bauer backup
>transmitter for several weeks now, putting out just shy of
>1,000 watts. At night, WOFX Troy can be heard under WCAP 3
>to 4 miles (as the crow flies) in Tewksbury, in the path
>where the night pattern sends most of the signal. The Harris
>5K has been in sick bay, don't know when or if it will be
>repaired/replaced.
>Mark Watson

Are you sure it hasn't been repaired or replaced? I've been
getting WCAP quite well here in Somerville at night lately,
very listenable, with WOFX far in the background most of the
time. It sounds like the old 5000 watts to me here.

The day pattern is weaker here, but there's no co-channel
signal in the background to compete with it in the daytime.

EP