Heritage AM Station in Maine To Close Down?

Jibguy@aol.com Jibguy@aol.com
Fri Sep 13 00:51:21 EDT 2013

In a message dated 9/12/2013 9:50:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
raccoonradio@gmail.com writes:

Wonder  if Bangor's Stephen King who owns
a few stations up there could buy it;  maybe not. I think WAEI was part of
the WEEI simulcast outlets for a time  hence the calls. Yes given the land
value it may be gone for
good but who  knows.

Stephen King would certainly be the one. However diplexing off his two 620
sticks would not be a perfect match.  One of the stations beams east at
night and the other beams north-northeast. The only other AM sticks in the
area  are Dan Preistly's 2 separate sticks, neither of which have 3-phase
electrical  power installed... required for a 5,000 watt transmitter.  While that
is no  inexpensive task, it's better than doing the tech study,
finding/buying 15+  acres of land, fighting with town fathers for 2+ years and
constructing towers.  - Reducing it down to a 1,000-watt daytime/250w nighttime
station may be a  simpler answer, but then we must ask "why"?
----jibguy