Bayview MA

Dave Doherty dave@skywaves.net
Tue Sep 10 21:20:28 EDT 2013

Hi, Jeff -

Mount Washington goes back to the days of Armstrong, and predates all the
current rules.

If you read the WRRS decision, the Commission found that Middleboro and
Middleborough Center are indistinguishable - different traditional names for
the same community.  That's a common finding in New England Towns, a
structure that seems unique to the region, as pointed out elsewhere in this
thread.

As for Bayview, I have not researched the app and its community.

-d

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Lehmann [mailto:jjlehmann@comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:03 PM
To: Dave Doherty
Cc: Eli Polonsky; <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Subject: Re: Bayview MA

Are you sure about that?

Bayview is not independent at all. I'd certainly never heard of it before
WPMW came along.

Middleborough Center, the COL of 1530 WVBF and 88.5 WRRS is not separate
from Middleborough.

Mount Washington is another example of this, of course.

Jeff Lehmann

On Sep 10, 2013, at 6:59 PM, "Dave Doherty" <dave@skywaves.net> wrote:

> Hi, Eli -
>
> Translators are secondary services.  As such, they do not "serve" a
community, and they can be licensed to anything.  CC's "Tatnuck, MA"
translator is another example of that.  Tatnuck is a section of Worcester.

> A full service station could not be licensed to Tatnuck or Beacon Hill,
absent a showing that it is a fully independent community with its own
government independent of the larger municipality.