Bayview MA

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Mon Sep 9 14:59:22 EDT 2013

On 9/9/2013 1:56 PM, Jeff Lehmann wrote:

> There is a catholic station on 88.5 FM, WPMW licensed to Bayview, MA (Part
> of Dartmouth), maybe they just got the band and frequency wrong?

There is a wealth of information that can be directly tapped from the
Daily Digest. In addition to the callsign, each Digest listing includes
an application number and a facility ID number, and those facility ID
numbers and app numbers can be looked up on the FCC's own site or on
sites such as FCCInfo.com.

What appears to have happened here is that the licensee of a different
station, WFMW 730 in Madisonville KY, made a typo when filing a fairly
routine application for "direct measurement" of power. The actual app
was filed on paper and is thus not available for viewingon the FCC
website, but we can see the "application search details" here:

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_det.pl?Application_id=1572587

And in so doing, we can see that the applicant name ("Sound
Broadcasters"), frequency (730) and COL (Madisonville) are all correct,
but the calls were entered as WPMW instead of WFMW. Somehow, that got
linked within the FCC's application system to WPMW's facility ID number,
which in turn spat out the "Bayview MA" that showed up on the Digest.

I expect the typo will be corrected at some point. There's certainly no
way an FM station can file a "direct measurement" (BZ-) application;
those are for AM only.