Helicopter Traffic Reports

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 17:23:45 EDT 2013

I remember in August of 1969 Joe Green did a report that went something
like this

"and in the northbound lane of the expressway a Penn Central locomotive is
blocking traffic"

Dave Maynard then asked - 'Joe, are you drunk?'

Joe seemed to be a be a man that was no nonsense and at times gruff. I
recall an awkward exchange when WBZ was doing a blood drive and one of the
jocks asked if he would be giving blood later and Joe tersely said no. So
the jock teased him a little asking if he was afraid of needles and Joe
replied - 'No I had malaria' - dead silence for 5 seconds.