WJIB night signal

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Sep 4 01:20:19 EDT 2013

On 9/3/2013 6:03 PM, Jibguy@aol.com wrote:

> BTW, the off-air period in mid-last week (Aug 27th) for 90 minutes during
> the day was caused by the electric company killing power to the whole area
> while  they did some work on underground lines.  WJIB does not have a back-up
>   generator.  Such is probably not possible without permission from 2,412
> state and local agencies plus the EPA who is concerned that installation of a
>   generator would kill or deform 34 species of lizards.
>
> The silent period this past Sunday night in to Monday morning was caused by
>   a short power outage (storms) which took down the on-air computer, which
> IS on a  UPS-thing.  Wasn't til 2:07 PM Monday that one of my guys there
> could make  it in to re-boot computer manually and get it back on the air.
> Sometime  soon, I will have the ability to do such from Maine.

But signal strength tonight is still down from where it usually is. At
first I thought I was hearing Toronto, but I heard the WJIB ID at the
top of the hour.  I usually get a really good signal at night in Brookline.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700 | Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com