transmitters (was: WCAP Update)

Michael Wilkins wilkinsmg@hotmail.com
Mon Sep 2 10:51:44 EDT 2013

Just for fun, and while on the subject of transmitters and tube replacement, I thought I'd take two quick snapshots of the Western Electric 310A manual cover:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mgwilkins/9655397396/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mgwilkins/9652151007
On page 13, it actually has (under "General Features") a line for "Tube Cost" which states, " An approximate cost of the replacement tube complement (my note: that's 15 tubes for the 100-watt model)  $210.00" That's in 1935 dollars.
Btw, this transmitter was at the WLLH 4 Broadway studios (as a back-up) until WLLH moved to Middlesex Street. (The transmitter did not make the move)
Mike