WCAP Update

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 07:34:28 EDT 2013

Is the tube for the main 5kW transmitter or the back up 1kW they have been operating in recent past?

The Bauer 1kW made the trip to the current Totman Road site from the former site in Dracut Center in 1951 if that gives you any idea of its age.

When the Bauer is placed into the load and night pattern is engaged its any wonder why there it's barely audible to the NW.

Even during daytime, that explains why, even at my parents home, northward through the State Forest that abuts tower farm, there has been much static and interference.

I recall that whenever we used the 1 kW backup, the average modulation was backed down to keep the final from blowing.

Bill O'Neill