WCAP Update

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 08:18:05 EDT 2013

Is WCAP operating on the 1 kW backup? When that used to happen, iirc, we'd get decent DAT coverage. The old Bower (Bauer) may be in bad shape.

The main is a Harris AM-5 installed in 1980. I had heard that the new owners had tried to do some work on the overgrown vegetation on the tower farm  (which presumably drank a lot of water impacting ground moisture.)

I suspect many if the tower radials were a mess at that point. The early pix, compared to Scott Fybush's more recent (check Site of the Week archives) are dramatic for overgrowth.

But it's been years since I was out to the farm so it's speculation.

 Bill O'Neill