WGBH-FM Adding RI Coverage?

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Oct 3 01:34:18 EDT 2013

On 9/24/2013 2:55 PM, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> I don't know
> how much news intrudes into Providence FMs. Is it possible that WGBH-FM is hedging its bets
> by trying to appeal to a broader population base than WBUR which seems to "own" Boston for news?

Do they?  This afternoon, while driving into my office, I found nothing
of interest on either WGBH or WBUR (that seems to be happening a lot
lately.  Are even the public stations moving to soft news?), so I turned
to WBZ.  Good thing I did.  The traffic report said that Storrow Drive
inbound was closed at Kenmore Square due to a motorcycle accident.  I
heard that just as I was about to try to get on Storrow Drive at
Charlesgate.  Just in time for me to take a left, go up Commonwealth
Avenue, and cross the BU Bridge to Memorial Drive.  I don't think I
would have gotten anything that useful on WBUR or WGBH.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700 | Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com