Boston AM dial 50 years ago

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Nov 28 00:39:23 EST 2013

On 11/27/2013 9:54 AM, Rob Landry wrote:

> I believe WBZ and WBZ-FM also did AM/FM stereo broadcasts.

They had something on Sunday night called the Stereo Hour.  I think it
was at 7:00 PM and lasted for one hour.  It began with the announcer
explaining to people how to put an AM radio tuned to WBZ AM on one side
and an FM radio tuned to WBZ-FM on the other.  I suspect the hour was up
before most people got the radios set up.  I remember once listening
with my grandfather, and since I already knew the drill, I set up the
radios ahead of time.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700 | Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com