Boston AM dial 50 years ago

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Nov 25 16:32:50 EST 2013

On 11/23/2013 2:39 PM, Rob Landry wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Nov 2013, Mark Connelly wrote:
>
>> WCRB - 1330
>> classical music ("Concert Radio Boston")
>
> Not "Concert Radio Boston", but "Charles River Broadcasting". The WCRB
> call letters were original (1948) and predated the classical format,
> which began in 1951.

And even after that, WCRB seems to have covered community events more
than it does now.  I've seen a picture of a debate or some such between
incumbent Senator Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr. and then-Congressman John F.
Kennedy, in connection with the 1952 election contest between them, with
one of the microphones labelled "WCRB."

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D. | 92 State Street | Suite 700|Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468| Fx: 617.507.7856 | http://www.attorneyross.com