WCRB On WCAI-HD@; Is This New?

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Mon Nov 25 14:33:52 EST 2013

I hadn't noticed this until your post. Here in Hanson with my outdoor directional antenna, WCAI used to be very weak, as it was vertically polarized and my antenna is horizontal. I just checked now and the signal is now strong when I point down that way. The HD locks in most of the time and WCRB is indeed on the HD2.

The new signal appears to be circularly polarized like most FMs. Many new FMs down along the south coast over the last 10-15 years have been vertical only because of potential interference to WLNE 6. Obviously since WLNE DT is on 49 and the analog is gone, this is no longer an issue.

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA