Boston AM dial 50 years ago

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Nov 25 01:32:07 EST 2013

On 11/23/2013 11:39 PM, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> When did NBC move to WCOP?  ( Red Sox 1967 World Series was on 1150) -
> I listened to Monitor in the mid 60's so somebody was clearing it.

I'm not sure who was carrying NBC in the 1960s, but I don't think WEZE
was carrying much more than news and maybe the Jewish religious show
"The Eternal Light" on Sunday.  I don't think WCOP began carrying NBC
until sometime in the early 1970s, but I could be mistaken.  I wasn't
paying close attention to that at the time.

I know that for awhile ABC was on WVDA/WEZE in the 1950s, and after WEZE
became the NBC affiliate (after WNAC dropped NBC), ABC was carried on
WTAO, and occasional evening ABC programs may have been carried on
sister station WXHR.  Also, Mutual was on WORL for awhile in the late
50s or early 60s, after WNAC dropped it.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700 | Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com