Celtics on 103.7

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psualum.com
Sun Nov 17 11:39:35 EST 2013

I scanned the dial on the drive into work yesterday and, lo and behold, I heard Celtics basketball on 103.7. Prior to this year, that would not have been unusual, but this year the flagship rights went from Entercom to CBS. And 103.7 didn't even make any attempt to cover up the Sports Hub tags on the broadcast.

So either CBS is leasing 103.7 or Entercom is on the network willingly on nights when 103.7 has no other programming. I hear the Celtics aren't a big radio moneymaker, so I'd guess it's the former -- and even though cash is cash, still surprised Entercom would lease out what amounts to a south suburban Boston rimshotter to one of its rivals.