WMEX air check

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Nov 7 02:31:19 EST 2013

Well, it was interesting to listen to.  I thought Ed Hider had been a
bit more zany, both as Eddie Mitchell on WCOP and as Fenway.  He was
somewhat more subdued here.  Perhaps he was told at some point to tone
it down.  The news broadcasts were also interesting.  I've commented in
the past that years ago even the teenage rock stations had stronger news
coverage.than is the case now.  I see that my memory was accurate.  They
devoted a surprisi9ng amount of time to a story about a Foreign Aid bill
in Congress, with an explanation by Senator John Sparkman (Alabama or
Mississippi, I think) on how a compromise between House and Senate
versions was likely.  They also had a surprisingly long story about the
new British prime minister, Sir Alec Douglas-Home campaigning for a seat
in the House of Commons.  Another news story was about Republicans
hoping to block Governor Peabody's proposed reorganization of the
Department of Public Works (It passed, as I recall).

All in all, an interesting air check, and I recorded it, so that I can
listen again.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700 | Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com