hats off to Scott Fybush

Jibguy@aol.com Jibguy@aol.com
Sat Nov 2 10:35:39 EDT 2013

In a message dated 11/1/2013 9:45:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scott@fybush.com writes:

And I  have to defend the city of Rochester here: as with any older city
(Boston  very much included) it has its decaying parts and dangerous
neighborhoods.  But it also has some wonderful, vibrant areas that are a
lot more exciting  now than they were when I was growing up here.

Boston's center (gov't center to The Common, to Back Bay & more) is  alive
and well.  Rochester, inside The Inner Loop... is .... uh.... pretty  bad.
Outside the Inner Loop does, as Scott says, has some great
neighborhoods.... Park Avenue to East Avenue, etc.

but RADIO must be more exciting there now!  When I lived in the  Rochester
area (the City, Henrietta [at RIT]. Brighton, North Chili, Brockport),
there were only 13 radio stations; 6 AM's and 7 FM's + 1 AM in Brockport which
started broadcasting on April Fools Day 1970..  Now there's twice as many,
or more.

What was really exciting was WSAY's site... Overgrown, with a ground system
 above ground on utility-type poles all around the 4 towers... had a
certain  mysticism about it.

---jibguy