Comcast nitwits

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon May 27 02:23:32 EDT 2013

<<On Mon, 27 May 2013 02:09:23 -0400, Kevin Vahey <kvahey@gmail.com> said:

> What I have noticed is that in the past 6 months Comcast local
> inserted ads are now more regional than city specific. I used to get
> Skenderian Apothecary ads all the time but they vanished at the start
> of 2013.

I believe Comcast has consolidated a lot of their operations.
Framingham is on the same "system" as Ayer, if I remember correctly.
With the transition to FTTN, there's really no need for conventional
headend any more; the entire Boston market could be served from a
single location (which could well be in New Jersey, although I don't
think it is).

-GAWollman