Real Names of Disk Jockeys

Paul B. Walker, Jr. walkerbroadcasting@gmail.com
Sat May 18 10:07:44 EDT 2013

Thinking back, I did use a "fake name" on the air once. Before i started my
professional career, I was involved in.. a uhh.. unlicensed station.. and
had a jock shout/jingle made for me using the name "Dave Daniels".

When i took my first radio job at a station that is now now has D in front
of it's set of W call letters, i used that jock shout and that name so I
didn't have to pay for another jock shout.. lol.

I thought a 'fake name" was cool.. and it kinda was to a newbie, but I work
in small town radio and everyone would find out quickly it's not my real
name. And as for security or privacy reasons, in the type of towns I work
in.. it wouldn't take long for people to find out info on me if they really
wanted to, regardless of what name I used o nthe air.

Paul