Real Names of Disc Jockeys

Dave Doherty dave@skywaves.net
Thu May 16 19:53:46 EDT 2013

I learned very young that using my real name on the air would be a problem.
While you're on the air, you are not at home, and if a bad guy figures out
that you're in the studio, he can break in.

(Maybe not so much today with Voice Tracking, but back then live was live
unless you taped your entire shift. There was a tear-jerker country song
about that.)

And, by the way, the wackos can figure out your home phone number and call
you drunk at 3 AM.

That got me thinking about security issues in general, and ever since, I've
been really aware.  That's why none of our DJs use their real names on  the
air.

And social media has added a new wrinkle:  Hello, Facebook friends!  I'm in
Sudetenland!  Break into my house in Massachusetts!

-d

Dave Doherty
Skywaves Consulting LLC
PO Box 4