WICN 90.5 Out; WYDI 90.5 In

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Mon May 13 14:40:59 EDT 2013

I knew that a religion-formatted FM was slated to begin broadcasting on 90.5 in Derry, NH from
FCC Applications and Actions. Fcc.gov's file on this station, WYDI, showed 600 watts directional
from a wireless tower within Derry, so I wondered if it would have an effect on my reception of
WICN-FM, Worcester, which not very long ago, improved its coverage to the east by moving
to the same tower location as WSRS-FM 96.1, Asnebumskit Hill in Paxton, MA. Well, WYDI apparently has
just signed on and where I live, it completely obliterates WICN. It's part of a string of stations
based in Fitchburg, with translators and regular FMs all over Massachusetts.