Must Carry

Paul Hopfgarten pariho@mail.com
Tue Mar 26 14:53:26 EDT 2013

Makes me wonder...

What are the must-carry rules for .2 and .3 TV signals. Comcast in SE NH carries 5.2, 7.2 9.2, 11.2, 56.2, 50.2, 50.3, 60.2, but so far no 62.2. I would think COL Lawrence would therefore require it's carried. Comcast even carries WFXZ-CA 24, which has an over the air reach of...what???

OH...and unless it's because 21 Concord NH has no .2,.3,.4 like 68 Boston, why aren't those channels carried as well?

(I use PSIP #s instead of 20.2, 42.2, 41.2, 35.2, 35.3, 34.2 etc...

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Epping NH
----- Original Message -----
From: Garrett Wollman
Sent: 03/26/13 02:19 PM
To: Jim Hall
Subject: RE: Universal Sports (was: FS1)

<<On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 09:43:25 -0400, "Jim Hall" <aerie.ma@comcast.net> said: > I think in the Boston area, Universal Sports was broadcast on WBIN digital, > so it was carried by Comcast. Comcast dropped it when WBIN stopped carrying > it, however. No, Comcast actually carried US after it was withdrawn from broadcast stations, as a non-broadcast service, for some months before dropping it. > Now, since Comcast owns NBC-Universal, I can't imagine why they > dropped one of their own channels. US is not majority-owned by Comcast. It may be that they are looking to get out of this partnership and have taken it off their systems as a way to help it fail. -GAWollman