101.7

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Mar 26 00:46:06 EDT 2013

<<On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 20:30:10 -0700 (PDT), Sean Smyth <ssmyth@psualum.com> said:

> Is [WCRB] really that bad of a fit, though? There are some affluent
> suburbs north and northwest of the city (Winchester, Lexington,
> Concord, etc.) served rather well by 99.5.

> Now if only WGBH could get its hands on one of those translator move-ins ...

They have the 96.3 Beacon Hill translator (W242AA) already, which
relays 89.7's HD2 (it's outside the necessary contour to be a 99.5
translator, but the programming is the same but for 30 seconds of
delay).  It exists on that channel at all thanks to a waiver from 96.9
(granted by Granum, I think), so they would need Greater Media's
consent to do much more with it than it already does.

The signal that would make the most sense for them to get their hands
on, if they could, would be WZBC.  I'd be surprised if they haven't
already approached BC about it.  It's already third-adjacent to the
mothership, and has a decent signal in many of inner suburbs where
99.5's listeners live.

-GAWollman