101.7

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Mon Mar 25 22:49:45 EDT 2013

On Mar 25, 2013, at 9:20 PM, D. A. <donald_astelle@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Clearing the syndicated shows that are not cleared in the Boston market now, serves *some* purpose.  Doesn't have to do well ratings wise.
>
> Plus, whatever audience they garner would be from Entercom/WRKO/WEEI.

I don't get it.  We've seen 4 different companies try conservative talk, liberal talk, "live and local" talk, "Rush Radio" talk, "Revolution Radio" talk, and highly-paid local "superstar" talk.

None has been able to rise above #16 in the 25-54 demographic since PPMs entered Boston.  Every one has been a dismal failure.

There seems to be absolutely no market in Boston for hard-core political opinion talk radio.  So why would a company like Clear Channel decide that's what they should do with their new $14 million baby?

Clearance?  You mean they spent that money so they could clear a few more Gold Bond Powder ads to a handful of 60+ listeners?

If they get tired of Evolution, I think they'll continue to throw random iHeartRadio formats on 101.7 until they find something that makes them a little money.  Or else they'll sell it to someone who truly doesn't care about ratings and programs brokered ethnic or religious programs by the hour.

Mark