Tonight Show will move back to New York

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed Mar 20 19:17:49 EDT 2013

On 3/20/2013 6:54 PM, Kevin Vahey wrote:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/business/media/tonight-show-expected-to-return-to-new-york-with-fallon.html?smid=tw-nytimes&_r=1&
>

> Leno's contract is up in the fall of 2014 but friends at NBC in NY say he
> may be bought out. Comcast brass in Philly have no use for Jay.
>

> The NY Times mentions work is progressing on a new studio at 30 Rock which
> leads me to think 8H will finally get a long overdue makeover.

What needs making over? I was in 8H about a year ago, and it boasts a
very new HD control room and even newer audio rooms (two of them, in
fact, one for music and one for everything else). The hallways and
offices surrounding the studio were redone a few years ago, and the
lobby's in good shape.

Aside from the walls themselves, and maybe the audience seating, I don't
think there's much of anything in the 8H complex that's any older than a
decade or so (except for the venerable camera jib that's apparently a
Saturday Night Live landmark; IIRC, the same guy's been operating it
since the start of the show.)